Monday, December 5, 2011

Felted Soap Fun!




I am totally in love with felted soap.  what is felted soap you ask...it's when you take wool and felt it directly to soap so it can be used as a washcloth soap combo all in one.  I found the cutest little farm who hand dies their Merino wool and sells it on line.  I use this wool an felt it to my Olive & Coconut cold process soap.  I scent it in Citrus and Jasmine which is a BB dupe which they call "Energy"  It is a great gender neutral scent and I have found that all customers like this scent.  I make my cold process soap and let it cure for 6 weeks then test it out in the shower.  If the batch is good it will be felted.  Once the soap is felted and dried  I wrap it in a cello bag, bow and handmade tag. Then just get the bar wet and give it a little squeeze and when the lather starts to appear through the felt you can scrub away.  It makes a great exfoliator and not to mention it's pretty darn trippy looking!  Enjoy a few pics from my last felting fun day!...

No comments:

Post a Comment